Saturday, May 26, 2018

School's Out for Summer

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today.

Many "back to school" cards are made using a chalkboard as a central focus, but if you're looking to stretch the use of your cut files, consider using the Back to School Chalkboard to celebrate the end of the school year as well.

But first, don't forget to pick up your Freebie at Miss Kate Cuttables.  A new file every day!
Now back to my card.  To change things up I replaced the back to school greeting with what you see below.  Did you know that Miss Kate also has a growing collection of adorable fonts?




I loved the color scheme Miss Kate used on the sample image, so I just used the same light and dark green combo.  The chalkboard itself was print and cut.  For a bit of additional authenticity, I took an Embossing Buddy to leave a little chalk dust on the board.



The file includes all the accessories.  As with all Miss Kate's files, there are lots of layers to add depth and dimension.  I added Glossy Accents to the apple to some shine!

All that's needed on the inside is a simple sentiment.





Thanks for visiting us today.  I hope you return again often.

14 comments:

  1. Great job!! I love it!! I may have to try a chalkboard like this, my daughter in law is a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you personalized the chalk board Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your creation and that embossing buddy was a great idea for the "chalk" ! It looks great!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun idea Kim, and I love that you added the chalk dust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super adorable idea ! Just love it for teacher gifts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it would be perfect for a teacher...they're as happy for the end of the school year as the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, perfect for teachers or kids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words us moms live by!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete