Saturday, January 20, 2018

You Make My Heart Saur

Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards; happy I was invited to continue as a Miss Kate Cuttables design team member again this year.  Another year of working with great products and a great team.  This year we have a few new team members, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they create!

Speaking of creating, see what you can create using the Freebie of the Week.

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I decided to make a card celebrating love!  I worked with two adorable cut files which were "made for each other", literally.




I used Dinosaurs in Love and the You Make My Heart Saur Title, as well as a digital pattern from the Love is in the Air Paper Collection, one of my favorites.

To create the card base, I used a Silhouette store cut file.  This shaker is a little different in that it's built to the inside of the card.  I didn't want to obscure the title in any way, so I made this shaker understated, putting just a handful of hearts in various sizes.  




I converted the You Make My Heart Saur Title to print only as I didn't want the shaker contents to get stuck on anything.  I attached it to the inside of the card with mounting tape.  I adhered the acetate to the back of the patterned paper before attaching it to the card front.

I cut the dinosaurs from scrap paper...always nice to reduce the stash of scraps!  As a result, though, the light green layer was textured and the light pink was not.  I wanted to create texture, but nothing as deep as an embossing folder; so I ran it through my Big Shot between two very well used cutting plates.  The result was a subtle texture; just enough so it didn't stand out next to the green texture.


After I assembled the happy couple, I added some Wink of Stella in their spots and Glossy Accents on the hearts.  After I attached them to the card, I found the top of the card to be little "needy" so, using the heart included in the title cut file, I cut three hearts for across the top.  Of course, I just had to add more Wink of Stella to them and randomly on the plaid pattern as I'm addicted to using it.

Inside, I took pieces from the title again and created a sentiment to coordinate nicely.


Thank you for stopping by today.  If you get the chance, please come visit me at Katydid Cards to say, "hello".

13 comments: