Monday, March 18, 2019

Easter Decor

It's my turn to share a fun Easter Decor project. Who's ready for Spring? I AM!

Before we check out my project don't forget to grab the Freebie of the Day from the Miss Kate Cuttables Website.

Here's my Easter Decor Project:


First thing I did was paint my wooden round. I have been wanting to try the buffalo plaid style for a really long time and finally gave it a try! (Search YouTube for tutorials)
Here's a look at my plaid pattern:


I then planned out my wording and the leaf accents...I wanted to keep them simple.
I used just the "Easter" portion from this Easter Title.

I used the only the green leaf layer from this Spring Wreath SVG.

I placed just the elements I wanted to use in my cameo software and placed the Easter on top of the wreath and subtracted the wreath so they would not overlap. I cut this from vinyl, applied it to the sign and used chalk paint and a foam brush to add the green and pink. 

Since the background pattern was a bit busy I was not happy with the contrast of the Easter and leaves in the wreath. I first decided to do a solid fine point sharpie around the elements then decided to do a line/dot pattern. It's a bit less forgiving and I like the look. 
Here's my work in progress...


I experimented at the top of my sign where I knew my flower and bow would cover up. 
I added my flower and ribbons to the top and placed it on a stand. Super happy and love the bright spring colors.

 

Thanks for stopping by today! Please stop by my blog and follow along!

6 comments:

  1. WOW this is GREAT Amy... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! So creative using parts of each of those SVG files :0 It looks gorgeous!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Amy, this came out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your creation! So much talent you have there.

    ReplyDelete