Thursday, February 22, 2018

Roses in Vase

Jenny from Jen's Crafty Place here with a "LOVE" card.

I know Valentine's day is over but this card can be used for more then just Valentine's day. Anytime you want to show someone you care with a special card, this is the one!

Before I start on how I made this card, don't forget to stop by Miss Kate Cuttables today and every day for your free svg file!


I choose the Miss Kate Cuttables, "Roses in Vase" for my main image. I cut the image out after I sized the image to fit my A2 card. Use your favorite program to size it to any size you wish. You can make it larger for scrapbooking pages and smaller for note cards. Just cutting out one rose can be fun on a note card or love note. I used my favorite program Make the Cut and then saved my svg and imported it into Silhouette Cameo program to cut.


As I mentioned it is an A2 size card meaning it is 4.25 x 5.5 in finished size.  I took a piece of black cardstock 8.5 x 5.5 and scored at 4.25. This is my card base. I then took a piece of white cardstock and ran it though my Sizzix machine with an embossing folder with some hearts on it. This piece measures 4 x 5.25 in. I adhered it to my card front with tape runner. Next, I cut out all my roses and my vase pieces. I used vellum to cut out the top layer of my vase to resemble my glass vase. The heart I used for the sentiment was just a shape I had in my cutting files. I cut that at 2.5 inch and the inner white heart at 2.25 inches.


After all the pieces were cut and assembled, I added some shimmer to my roses with a Wink of Stella pen. It is hard to see in the pictures but trust me, they shimmer!! I glued all the pieces together and added it on my card front with some foam adhesive to give it some dimension. I stamped my sentiment on the hearts and then worked on the inside of the card.
 

On the inside I cut a white heart at 4 inches to stamp my sentiment. Any stamp set or even a hand written message would be great.


That's it! I hope you like this Love Card and hope you make one for someone special in your life! Happy Crafting!!

17 comments:

  1. such a beautiful vase of roses! I love the added touch of shimmer too... Thank you Jenny for sharing it with us all :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card - love the red roses in the acrylic vase - nice work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Great idea to use the velum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! That cut is so pretty and love how you made the roses bigger than the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love all the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Those roses are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete