Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy (Golden) Birthday to You!

Hello sweet SVG fans!  I am here today to bring you a project that I made with all those special, milestone birthdays in mind. 
 
First, I wanted to make sure that you don't miss out on the FREEBIE of the day!
 
 
 
 
Birthday Bear SVG cut file birthday svg files birthday svg cutting files free svg cuts 
 
 
 
Don't forget to check the website everyday for a new FREEBIE!
 
________________________
 
This week I was looking through all my designs and thinking about how I could use one of Miss Kate's Cuttable SVG files - which tend toward the super adorable - and use it to make something a little more grown up.
 
Well, if I've learned one thing throughout my time as a paper crafter, it's that color can make a world of difference.  So, I pulled up a cute birthday cake focal image and decided to see if I could change the feeling of the design with a very refined color scheme.
 
 
I wanted to make the background of the card look like a blast of confetti.  I used one of Miss Kate's flourish files and my gold Silhouette Sketch pen to create the swirly background. (Tip: scribble on a scrap piece of paper with your sketch pen before you start - sometimes it needs a second to start working). 
 
I used some black mist, gems, and sequins to create the confetti feeling I was looking for.
 
 
To create my topper I used a combination of neutral cardstock, glitter papers, and foil papers to create a "golden" birthday. I thought it came out just so pretty and refined!  It would be perfect for a 50th birthday party.
 
Check out the files I used for this project in the 50 cent store:
 
Swirl Flourish Set SVG cut files flourish svg cut files flourish svg files free svgs free svg cuts 
 
Happy Birthday To You! SVG birthday cake svg file birthday girl svg file svg files for scrapbooking
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
 
Don't forget to follow Miss Kat on FACEBOOK!
 
If you'd like to see more from me, you can follow me on FACEBOOK and MY BLOG!
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is just too cute love your work my dear Britt
    The Scrapbooking Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!!! So unique -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britt this is so pretty I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. The drawn swirls are beautiful...clever idea. Beautiful job on this grown up card.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is such a beautiful card you did an amazing job
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card!! Love the swirls! How fun!

    ReplyDelete