Saturday, December 22, 2018

Waiting for Santa


Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  This is my last post for Miss Kate Cuttables.  After two and a half years of enjoying being a design team member for Miss Kate, I have decided to step down.  But I will still be sure to continue to get my Freebie of the Day and I encourage you to do the same.
And I'll see you on the Galleria as I will definitely be following to see what the design team and you fans create each month.

For my card today, I used several Miss Kate SVG files; Waiting for Santa and Dog as well as various patterned papers from the Winter Woodland Digital Collection.  As you can see, this cute little pup is waiting for Santa to come to fill his stocking with lots of goodies.


I wanted to turn this into an easel card, so I cut the base to accommodate I thought it would be fun to put a battery operated tealight candle behind the fire, so I cut a piece of vellum to fit.  As the area above the mantle looked a bit sparse, I filled a gold bowl with Poinsettia brads from Eyelet Outlet and added a candle embellishment on the right accented with another EO brad, Holly.

Here's another look from the side.  I didn't take a picture of it, but if you know about easel cards, you know this lies flat for mailing...such a cool idea!



I couldn't get the best picture of it, though I took dozens, here's the card with the tealight behind it.

As this is the end of an era, so to speak.  I took a trip down memory lane, looking at all the cards I've made using Miss Kate's files.  Some are among my favorites.  Here's a link if you want to look, too.

13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kim - we will miss you on the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim awesome as always.I can honestly say you have been a dream design team member.Your work is wonderful and always a joy to see.I always couldnt wait to see what you came up with each month.You will be greatly missed as a DT designer.But friendships are already formed.Till the next time.XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cathie! And this has been a dream job...you are just awesome to work with and the ladies on the team are the best. I will miss you and my DT work more than I can ever say. I hope someday to return.

      Delete
  3. This is the cutest card!! I love it!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG just love this easel card it perfect with the fireplace and cute puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lil treasure this little pup is! Love your easel card with it's toasty fireplace! Going out with a bang! I will definitely miss your amazing projects around here! Don't be a stranger!! Love you too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie. I sure do hope to keep us with my friends on FB. I will miss you tons!

      Delete
  6. Love your easel card with that great scene that seems to come alive before my eyes ! Super card !!!

    ReplyDelete