Friday, December 14, 2018

Guest Designer Evelyn Holmberg

No automatic alt text available.
This is my third year guest designing for Miss Kate Cuttables. It's such an honor and so much fun!! It's always hard to decide which adorable file to showcase, but this year I decided to go with Santa. And there are so many to choose from!! I picked Waving Santa for my project, which is a Christmas card. He measures 3.36".
I used the offset tool in Silhouette Design Studio to give him a black shadow so you can see him on the busy background. The paper is from Stampin' Up's Quilted Christmas 6 x 6 designer series. To make Santa, I assembled his face on the virtual mat and did a print and cut. I cut an extra white moustache to layer on top of the print/cut one. The frame he's on is just made with squares and rectangles assembled in the Silhouette software, and the snowflake is a Martha Stewart punch. A "candy" for his pom pom and a white brad in the snowflake center finish off the card! Santa was easy to assemble and is really cute; I think I'll cut him again at 5" to adorn my Christmas scrapbook pages this year!! :)Ho, ho, ho! Merrrrrry Christmas! Evelyn

8 comments:

  1. I just love the combination of patterns you used to showcase this cute Santa. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute..Thanks for your continued Guest designer participation

    Cathie ~MKC Designer Team Leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable card and thank you for being a guest designer for the MKC !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is super cute Evelyn - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable card! Just love Santa and you showcased him perfectly! As always you were a great guest dt!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you made Santa the star of this card! Very nice layout! Thank you for guest designing for MKC. I look forward to seeing your creativity :)
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evelyn your card is so cute, thanks for sharing!

    Sherri - DT

    ReplyDelete