Saturday, October 20, 2018

Gobble 'til you Wobble

Hello everyone.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards

Today I'm sharing a card made with the adorable Turkey from Miss Kate Cuttables.  He shares the spotlight with the pumpkin from the Autumn Crow file and various patterned papers from the Sweater Weather and Summer Basics Digital Paper Collections.



I changed the turkey from standing to sitting in keeping with the theme of eating so much you can't stand it ;-).  This was easy to do by snipping off his legs and moving them.  I also changed the direction of the diagonal stripe in my Silhouette.  Finally, I altered the appearance of the dotted paper by importing it into Microsoft Works and then typing the sentiment repeatedly.   You can also see the oval jewel, colored with Copic markers, I used as the center accent.




I embossed both the feathers and pumpkin and think it made a big difference.  I also coated his beak with Glossy Accents.

Here's a look at the card from the side so you can see the easel mechanism.



The card closes flat for mailing.   Love this card fold!



Don't forget to stop in at Miss Kate Cuttables to get your Freebie of the Day!  See you soon!



7 comments:

  1. Love your easel card and that adorable turkey! It looks wonderful
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the embossing! Adds a lot of texture without any bulk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Easel cards are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite card to make allow for so much detail ... you did awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Kim - great card - love the embossing on the turkey!

    ReplyDelete