Sunday, August 17, 2014

Quick Note Cards Using Backgrounds!

Hey there! Britt Bass here to share a cute all-occasion card set made using some of Miss Kate Cuttables' background files!

Bur first, today's FREEBIE!

Fall Set SVG cutting files for scrapbooking fall svg cut files for cricut cute cut files free svg cuts
So cute! I love the ear of CORN!
Get yours, today ONLY, HERE!

_______________________________--

I have really been focusing lately on making cards that I can ACTUALLY use in real life. I found that, although I did make lots of cute cards - I am ALWAYS hurting for the cards I use the most: Birthday and Thank You!  So, I set out to add another few cards to that category of my stash!


I love the fact that many MKC files have lots of layers - BUT - sometimes that DOES take a little extra time and effort to put together.  I love to work on those type of projects, but not everyone does and even I don't always have the time.  So, I chose a few of the files on the MKC web store that don't require all the layering, but still pack some great visual punch!



I sized them to about 4x4 and cut them with some creamy, shimmer cardstock.  Then, I created little cards in deeper shades of each color and mounted the little cuts on each card.  I then stamped sentiments, trimmed them into banners and matted them with the lighter-colored cardstock.

Here are the files I worked with:

Camping Background SVG shapes Overlays 12 x12 svg background shapes free svgs free svg cuts free svg cut files


backgrounds overlay set 4 0713


Thanks for stopping by today!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I didn't know the store had those overlays! I love them!!! Those cards would be perfect for any occasion; just a switch in the sentiment and it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea. I need cards like this all the time too. So cute. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete