Saturday, November 25, 2017

Happy Fall

Hello, everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  Today I'm working with this adorable Autumn Crow cut file.  Such a cute way to wish someone a Happy Fall, with a cute little sentiment inside.

I'm eager to show you my card, but first things first!  Don't forget to get your Miss Kate’s freebie of the week.

And here's my card:


I used Stampin' Up's card stock; Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, and Tangelo Twist for the pumpkin.  For the leaves, a bit of Lucky Limeade which I also used for the base. Finally, the crow was made using Basic Black, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron.  The sentiment inside was printed on Whisper White.  As with all Miss Kate's files, there are lots of luscious layers here; so I didn't have to do anything to add dimension.

Finishing touches include sponging the edges of the pumpkin, coating the beak with Wink of Stella and a few accents on the wings, tail, and eyes with Nuvo Drops.  Everything was placed on a rounded rectangle filled with a digital patterned paper

This cut file originally had two additional pumpkins, but I wanted to create a 3 1/2" x 6" card, so I eliminated them.  It creates an entirely new look!

Here's a close-up so you can see some of the detail in the file:



Inside, I printed the sentiment in brown on a more transparent version of the plaid using the Mister Sirloin BTN Rare font.  Here's what that looks like:




I have a friend who will appreciate my humor, so this is for her!

9 comments: