Friday, August 18, 2017

Guest Designer Karin Adamczyk


Today's project is brought to you by Guest Designer Karin Adamczyk from SDIVADesigns.


 I have been steering away from traditional scrapbooking for some time now. I have been dabbling in painting, Copic colouring, journaling, planner decorating and lettering. While watching video after video on all these techniques, I learned about the traveler's journal world and got myself a passport sized Midori.  


 I love this one because it is small enough to keep in my purse at all times so that I can take notes when we travel and journal during the trip.

 
At first, my Midori was a bit boring because all my inserts looked like this one--plain and undecorated. Then I learned that people decorate the fronts of their inserts. I pulled out the items above to decorate with and used Miss Kate Cuttables' The World Awaits set to add some special touches. I cut the pieces with my Silhouette Cameo. Since the colour of the cover is quite dark, I used some gesso to highlight my design. The airplane was a bit too big for the cover so I cut it to fit. I used my Xyron sticker maker to apply adhesive to my pieces and then placed them on the cover. I ended up not using the washi tape shown in my picture above.

 
I love the final result and can't wait to start working on my journal this weekend. We are only taking a short road trip, but it's a start!

9 comments:

  1. thanks for being a GDT on MKC love your project

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karin your journal is amazing - thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome project this is! You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Thanks for being our Guest Designer this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW awesome project! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it thank you for being a guest designer this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. ! Love that you keep it in your purse!! Thanks for guest designing! This is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Your journal is absolutely fantastic. The gesso to highlight is brilliant. Thanks for joining us here at MKC.

    ReplyDelete