Saturday, November 24, 2018

This Nutcracker is Sweet!



Hello folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

Check out this great Nutcracker SVG from Miss Kate Cuttables!  And while you're doing that, be sure to pick up your Freebie of the Day as well.  What a great way to enhance your SVG library at no expense to you!

This Nutcracker has lots of layers (just like all Miss Kate's files) so there's lots of depth and dimension.  I did very little else to the card; I added a mat of patterned paper from the Christmas Basics Digital Collection.   Embossing it with the Tiny Stars embossing folder further enhanced the paper.  To further embellish the Nutcracker, I added Jewel Bling from Eyelet Outlet.


 Here's a closer look at the Nutcracker.



For inside the card, I used a simple sentiment and added the Nutcracker, converted to print only and reduced in size.  I color matched the background to the patterned paper on the front.




7 comments:

  1. He’s amazing!! I love that he takes center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Nutcracker card is so just perfect Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I think your embellishments were PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby favorite things are nutcrackers .. might be scraplifting you card for him ... awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! My son has collected nutcrackers for the past 20 years! I will have to make him a nutcracker card too :)
    Thank you for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea for a card and he's awesome!

    ReplyDelete