Saturday, August 25, 2018

Grateful

Hi there!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today!

I'm getting a jump on making holiday cards thanks to Miss Kate.  Speaking of which, don't forget to pick up your Freebie of the Day at the store.  Lots of great Autumn cut files and printables are coming out every day.

For my card today, I used the Fall Words cut file and the Autumn Digital Collection.




I made a simple card base, sized to fit in a business envelope.  Using an internal offset in my Silhouette, I created two mats.  The larger is cut from Copper Foil Paper from Stampin' Up.  In addition to the mat, I cut the word grateful.  The smaller is a print and cut from which grateful is cut.
I attached both to the card base and inserted the copper piece in the opening.  I was careful to save the interior pieces from the g, a, e, f, and l so I could place them back in the word.

Before I attached the patterned panel, I wrapped it with Copper Thread from Stampin' Up.  As a final touch, I added wooden embellishments also from Stampin' Up (now retired) which I colored with a Copper Leaf Pen.



I opted to leave the inside of the card blank for now as I'm undecided about whether I want to use this as a Thanksgiving or a thank you card.  I'm grateful for both...and I'm grateful you came for a visit!

10 comments: