Monday, February 3, 2014

Island Girl Hybrid Layout

Hello cuties!  Britt Bass from Pink Paper Crowns here to share a layout with you!
First, I want to make sure you all go and check out the FREEBIE of the day and make sure you download it!

I'm so excited to share my project with you today!  I decided that I really wanted to create a true hybrid layout for  those out there that are hybrid fans - or those that are curious about hybrid!

I used two Miss Kate Cuttables files here, Summer Background Shapes and the Island Girl title.  I wanted to make sure that I got as many of my elements from my digital library as possible.  First, I chose all the elements I wanted to use and filled the designs with patterns by Glitz Design (Uncharted collection - found on the silhouette store) and then used coordinating colors to fill in the flowers, swirls and empty spaces.  Here's what the finished digital design looked like in my Silhouette Studio:


As you can see I had almost all my initial composition and design decisions made before I ever even touched the physical supplies.  I used bright white, textured cardstock and I printed my background* and then print and cut my title, the anchor, the scalloped page and the two photo mats.  (* I have a wide-format printer that will print 12x12.  If you are seriously interested in hybrid scrapbooking it is a good tool to have in your arsenal, but the print and cut options I've used here are all still possible with a standard sized-printer.)



I used some pretty busy patterns on the title and I love way it came out!  But, a huge reason this was successful is because I went in and made sure that my lines around each element were big enough so that my title was still pretty easy to read.


After I print and/or cut all my page elements I assembled my page just like a traditional scrapbooking page - I popped elements up to give them dimension and inked the edges of everything with a little black ink to give it some extra contrast.


Lastly, I added a few traditional embellishments: some Amy Tangerine stickers and wood veneer cards, and a few mistable clouds and a sun from Studio Calico.

Here are the two files I used:

Summer 12 X 12 Background Shapes SVG files for scrapbooking summer svg files free svgs


Island Girl SVG scrapbook title beach svg file tropical svg scrapbook title free svg cuts

____________________________

I hope you enjoyed my foray into hybrid scrapbooking!  If you need some help figuring out the print and cut feature on your silhouette, please visit THIS tutorial!

Don't forget to follow Miss Kate Cuttables on Facebook and make sure you're following this blog too!

Also, please visit my blog and my facebook page and follow me for updates on all my projects as well!


4 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great tutorial too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt wow you really out did it here I love the layout and you rocked it on the tutorial, I really can use this too, thanks so much I am so happy to be on the DT with you
    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Britt...this is amazing!

    Julie
    Simply Silhouette
    aka: Cricut Chick
    www.simplysilhouette.com

    ReplyDelete